With promoting management excellence for nation-building as its main objective, the M.A.P. is a 66-year old management organization whose almost 1,000 members represent a cross-section of CEOs, COOs and other top management practitioners from the largest local and multinational companies operating in the Philippines. M.A.P. also counts some top its members. Please view the M.A.P. video via <www.youtube.com/TheMAPph> or visit <map.org.ph> for more information on MAP.
“The Country’s Leading Organization Committed to Promoting Management Excellence for Nation-Building”
Our mission is to promote management excellence for nation-building through:
- sharing of best management practices
- benchmarking with our counterpart organizations in other countries
- networking with other business organizations here and abroad
- educational activities that enhance the knowledge, skills and values of management practitioners and educators nationwide
- training and development programs that produce professional managers and
- advocacy for reforms that help shape a brighter future for the Philippines.
CORE VALUES AND PRINCIPLES
In pursuing our mission, we are guided by the following core values and principles:
- PROFESSIONALISM: We treat our stakeholders with respect and fairness; and we observe fairness and objectivity in furthering the best interests of the MAP and its members. We recognize the uniqueness of individuals and groups, and their need to be differently motivated to bring out the best in them.
- INTEGRITY: We observe the highest standards of ethics in all our dealings, and we acknowledge our obligations to our community and our country as well as our duties as responsible citizens.
- LEADERSHIP: We show the way and always strive to pursue higher and bigger goals for ourselves and for our country.
- EXCELLENCE: We aspire to be the best.
M.A.P. THEME FOR 2017
“Working Together to Achieve Inclusive Prosperity”
In a world of diversity and disruption, there is an urgent call for the ‘noble vocation’ of businesses to help create a more inclusive and humane economy. Inspired by the need to provide more and better jobs, broader prosperity and lasting ways to help the less fortunate, the M.A.P. encourages transformative actions and an economic system that promotes growth and spreads its benefits more broadly. In pursuing its mission of promoting management excellence for nation-building, the M.A.P. pushes for reforms and policies that are geared towards eliminating poverty, capitalizing on disruptive technologies, and enabling a more sustainable business environment where everyone has room to succeed.
MAP’S STRATEGIC THRUST
– Good Governance
– Global Competitiveness
– Inclusive and Sustainable Growth
– Climate Change
Programs for Management Excellence
M.A.P. enhances MEMBER BENEFITS by inviting knowledgeable speakers who can enlighten M.A.P. members on important and current issues during the monthly M.A.P. general membership meetings and the M.A.P. CEO Academy’s management development fora.
The M.A.P. CEO Academy and the M.A.P. Speakers Bureau provide members with the opportunity to share their knowledge and expertise and to learn from their fellow M.A.P. members.
M.A.P. provides networking opportunities that enable M.A.P. members to get to know and interact with one another.
For international networking, M.A.P. continues to be a member of AAMO, the Asian Association of Management Organizations, which is the association Countries represented in the AAMO include Australia, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, and the Philippines.
M.A.P. pursues ADVOCACIES for Good Governance, Global Competitiveness, Inclusive and Sustainable Growth, and Climate Change.
M.A.P.’s vehicles for its advocacies include the “MAPping the Future” column every Monday in the INQUIRER, the “M.A.P. Insights” column every Tuesday in BUSINESSWORLD, the M.A.P. Website (map.org.ph), e-circulars, among others. Through its advocacies, M.A.P. enables its members to share their talent, time and treasure in improving the economy and in nation building.
M.A.P. continues to support the Integrity Initiative which aims to promote integrity and accountability in business. M.A.P. urges its members to expressly commit to ethical business practices and good corporate governance through the Integrity Pledge.
M.A.P. calls on its members to steadfastly adhere to the highest ethical standards, and good governance principles, and actively enforce a culture of integrity in their organization, while courageously confronting the growing complexity of managing businesses in an ever challenging environment.
M.A.P. against corruption by managing their businesses ethically and with integrity, paying the right taxes at the right time, taking care of all their stakeholders and the environment, not tolerating bribery, among others.
M.A.P. urges its members to abide by the M.A.P. Code of Ethics.
Programs for Management Excellence
M.A.P.’s PROGRAMS FOR MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE include the annual search for “M.A.P. Management Man of the Year”, the Annual M.A.P. International CEO Conference, the Annual Corporate Governance Workshop, the M.A.P. CEO Academy’s management development fora, among others.